Activates in less than an hour to protect against CDN outages
Boost your CDN availability higher than industry average of 98.5%
Auto-failover and global monitoring eliminate risk
Prevent revenue loss from CDN outages for one low price
DNS Auto failover
Global CDN Monitoring
Global Origin Monitoring
Instant Cache Purge
Default Cache Rules
Proactive Cache Warming
No-purge Cache Refresh
Challenges with implementing a backup CDN
Difficult to integrate three different vendors
Effective backup CDN implementation needs three fundamental services. Today, customers have the burden to subscribe and manage these services independently.
- Backup CDN handles traffic when the primary CDN goes down
- Monitor service checks CDN health continuously (Catchpoint, Pingdom ...)
- DNS provider switches traffic between primary and backup CDN (Route53, NS1 ...)
Tough to maintain parity between CDNs
Backup CDNs should be on par with the current CDN to handle full traffic.
- PCI/DSS compliant edge platform to handle sensitive data traffic
- SLA guarantee for capacity, performance and security
- Operations workflow similar to that of current CDN
Very expensive and time-consuming
It takes a lot of time and resources to setup and operate backup CDN.
- High Services Cost for three services from different vendors
- Long Setup Time for integrating those services at global scale
- More Ops Cost to manage and operate two CDNs
Zycada CDN Reserve
Comprehensive & Integrated
- End-to-end transparent solution to boost your CDN availability above industry average
- Detects outages, switches traffic automatically and notifies customers in real-time
- Fully integrated with an intelligent edge platform, reliable DNS service and global monitoring
Dependable & Scalable
- PCI/DSS compliant platform for eCommerce and SaaS traffic with sensitive data
- Protects your web applications with OWASP 2.0 compliant WAF and DDoS mitigation
- 3rd largest network infrastructure in the US in terms of peering (4th largest in the world)
Cost-effective & Turn-key
- Cost-effective solution includes CDN, DNS and Monitor services for one low price
- Reduces recurring Ops cost with seamless operations for cache and security management
- Quick and easy setup to start boosting your CDN availability in less than 60 minutes
Zycada CDN Reserve includes these products
Cloud Service Monitor
Monitors cloud application and network health without client instrumentation
Increases service availability with self healing and auto-failover capabilities
Caches and accelerates videos, images and digital assets efficiently at the edge
Cloud Service Shield
Improves security index without slowing app responsiveness
How does CDN Reserve work?
Zycada CDN Reserve maps 99% of traffic to your current CDN and 1% traffic to Zycada Edge Platform. Under normal conditions, for 1% traffic, Zycada edge platform routes all dynamic traffic to your current CDN and serves static content from it's cache. However, static content is refreshed from your current CDN for every request.
Cloud Service Monitor continuously monitors your service on the Zycada edge platform, as well as your current CDN. DNS Director uses this monitoring data to detect problems and take corrective actions. When your current CDN suffers an outage, it automatically switches 100% traffic to Zycada edge platform. During the outage, Zycada routes all dynamic traffic to your origin and serves static from it's cache. As soon as your current CDN recovers from outage, Zycada switches 99% traffic back to your current CDN.
You can activate Zycada CDN Reserve in less than an hour with 2 simple steps.
- Configure your service in Zycada edge platform. (less than 30 minutes)
- Set your domain's DNS entry to Zycada CNAME. (less than minutes)